Posts tagged Wales Office Minister
The Green Deal will give homes and businesses a new way of paying for energy efficient improvements, such as insulation and new heating systems.
The scheme is expected to support 60,000 jobs in the insulation sector by 2015, providing a real boost for the expanding market of energy efficiency products and the construction industry.
Mr Crabb said: “Thousands of homes across Britain are wasting energy and money because of poor energy efficiency, yet demand for measures to counter this remains low. The Green Deal gives people the opportunity to make this right.
“And today, we will see that it’s not just consumers that will benefit. The Green Deal is also great for business, creating a new market and new jobs.”
The Greendeal programme provides funding of up to £15,000 for each home which can be used to install one or more officially approved Greendeal measures.
Green Deal in numbers
- £125 million is available in the Government funded Cashback Scheme
- 8 million households could benefit from solid wall insulation
- 4 million households could benefit from cavity insulation
- 60,000 jobs are expected to be supported in the insulation sector alone by 2015 – up from 26,000 in 2011
- £3.5 million of funding to training in key Green Deal skills
- £270 a year could be saved if a typical three bedroom semi-detached house installed just solid wall insulation
- 38% of the UK’s total greenhouse gas emissions come from leaky buildings